ANDfamous trichologist Tamara Berechikidze and stylist Alexei Nagorskiy talk about how to take care of your hair, style thin and lacking volume, naturally curly or long heavy strands.
Long thick hair
1) If you have long, heavy hair, choose a wooden comb with a fine comb and comb it gently from the bottom up. This will prevent the strands from tangling and breaking.
2) Avoid overdrying your hair. Use balms and masks that smooth the scales. Look for silk hydrolyzate and keratin in the composition: they envelop the hair. The tighter the scales adhere to each other, the better the strands reflect light, which means the effect of healthy silky hair is created.
3) Check your body for vitamin and nutrient deficiencies and stay hydrated. Add protein to your diet – the more there is, the healthier your hair will be.
1) It is very important which styling tools you use and how you dry your hair. I love smart gadgets that have several attachments (depending on the type of hair) and allow you to adjust the temperature. For example, long thick hair is blown dry
2) The technique of drying hair with a hairdryer and hands is the most gentle and does not injure the strands.
3) Usually I divide such hair into blocks and dry it towards the ends (hair does not get tangled). I finish styling by twisting the tips for brushing.
Long curly hair
1) There are different types of curls, from pronounced to light curls. It depends on the structure of the hair: if we look at it in section, we will see not a classic round cut, but an oval shape (the more the oval is stretched, the more pronounced the curl will be) – this is due to genetics. Apply masks and balms with enveloping agents (silk catalysis or keratin). The longer you keep the mask, the better the result will be.
2) Apply oils for at least 12-14 hours on dry hair. Only in this case, you can get the desired result – more obedient and textured strands.
3) Do not use curling irons or irons if you have curly hair. You will also have to give up discoloration. Hair will become even drier! But a hairdryer and styling won’t hurt you. Just before laying, be sure to apply thermal protection.
1) If you have curly hair, use the diffuser attachment to style it. I especially recommend taking a closer look at the diffuser nozzle that comes with the hair dryer.
2) Start styling with a curl cream and block your hair.
3) During drying, the strands must literally be “laid” in the diffuser, so they will dry quickly, but the curl will remain intact.
Thin, brittle hair lacking volume
1) The prohibition of blow-drying for such hair is a stereotype that has no scientific basis. You can dry your hair, but you must do it right. Choose a medium temperature setting and keep it at a distance of 15 cm from the hair (very hot air will damage the hair shaft and hair). Curling irons and irons for this type of hair must not be used.
2) If your hair is lacking in volume, use products that will help create root volume, which will help you style your hair faster and easier. And don’t forget about thermal protection.
3) If your hair is thin, brittle, lacking volume, use a cleansing shampoo regularly. They remove styling residues and other dirt and lift the strands at the roots. But keep in mind that the shampoo “opens” the hair scales, which must then be “closed” with moisturizing balms and masks.
1) Heat sensitivity isn’t just a problem for frizzy, curly hair. If the strands are thin, lacking volume at the roots, they will also not tolerate overheating. But the Dyson Supersonic hairdryer can be brought close to the hair without fear of injury. He himself measures the air temperature 20 times per second and corrects it. In any case, the temperature will not exceed the critical mark of 150 degrees.
2) Always start drying hair from the roots, using your hands to create root volume.
3) The ideal nozzle for fine hair is the concentrator. In case of
Why a hair dryer is good
This hair dryer has four modes of heating the air, three modes of power flow and a mode of supply of cold air for fixing the styling.
The set includes three magnetic attachments, which are easily fixed, do not overheat and allow you to make completely different styling.Make-up of heroines – make-up artist of Jean Louis David GUM beauty salon Anna Makarova