Many women always want to look beautiful. Due to the fast pace of life, there is not enough time to take care of yourself. For example, for a hairstyle to be attractive, the hair must be clean, but it will take at least 20 minutes to wash it. There is an alternative solution. Dry shampoo is used for shampooing without the traditional use of water. This is a powdery product that covers the head, it absorbs grease and dirt, then the product needs to be combed out using a regular comb.
The composition of dry hair shampoo
This method of shampooing has been known since ancient times, since there was a problem of lack of water before. Dry shampoos were made from products such as flour, powder, talc. It all depended on what material was more accessible, and what our enterprising ancestors had enough imagination for.
Modern dry shampoo is made in the form of a compressed material. It is usually made as a spray. The composition of a dry shampoo is usually as follows:
- absorbent material (particles of rice, oats, corn), they have the ability to absorb dirt and grease from the hair surface in a short time;
- special clay for cosmetic procedures, which makes hair voluminous, beautiful and shiny;
- essential oil, various cosmetic fragrances and aromatic additives that provide the hair with proper care and make the procedure quite pleasant.
What is dry shampoo commonly used for?
Dry shampoo is very convenient to use to keep your hair clean during long trips, during business trips, travel, inpatient treatment in a clinic – in general, where there is no access to hot water.
In European countries, dry shampoo has long been used. It is used to freshen up your hair soon, for example, when unexpected guests are on the doorstep or you urgently need to run out on a date. In addition, the dry method of hair washing makes it possible to preserve the beauty and cleanliness of the hair, and the ends do not dry out at the same time (which happens with the usual daily shampooing with water).
How to use dry shampoo?
We propose to consider two different ways of using dry shampoo, based on the composition and form of its manufacture.
Dry shampoo – pressed tiles
- Dry shampoo in the form of a pressed tile must be carefully crushed, and you do not need to remove it from the package.
- It turns out a powdery product, which is evenly applied to the hair along the entire length, massaging movements of the scalp are made.
- Now you should leave your hair alone for 3-5 minutes, but for now, you should prepare a towel and a comb.
- Then, over the sink (or other large container), you need to carefully comb the hair along the entire length, then you need to shake off the particles of dry shampoo with a towel.
Dry shampoo – spray
- Spray dry shampoo on your head, keep the spray at a distance of 30-40 cm from the scalp, try to cover all hair with shampoo.
- You need to carefully massage the surface of the scalp so that the shampoo is evenly distributed over the entire surface.
- Then you should wait 2-4 minutes for the shampoo particles to absorb grease and dirt. Now we begin to remove the remains of dry shampoo from the surface of the hair.
- In the event that the hair is short, you can simply rub it with a towel. But long hair should be carefully combed out with a comb.
So, with very little effort, we get fresh and dry hair. Plus, they fit even better, as they don’t ruffle or stick out on the sides, as after washing with water and drying your hair with a hairdryer.
Homemade dry shampoo
From time to time it happens that dry shampoo is urgently needed, but it cannot be found in the store, or there is simply no time to look. Don’t be discouraged, because you can make dry shampoo yourself, easily and in a short time.
The first manufacturing method
You will need:
- 2 tablespoons of oatmeal;
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- Oatmeal should be ground into powder using a coffee grinder.
- Then you should mix the oatmeal with baking soda. Proportion: 2: 0.5.
- You can use more of the product needed to wash your hair, but try to adhere to the indicated proportions without fail.
- Apply the powder to the surface of the hair, massage it for 2 minutes. Now you should carefully comb them out with a comb.
Second manufacturing method
You will need:
- 2 tablespoons wheat or corn flour or chickpeas
- 1 tablespoon of chopped almonds
- 1 tablespoon chopped violet root
All products must be ground into powder in a coffee grinder.
The subsequent procedure is the same as in the previous recipe.
Third manufacturing method
You will need:
- 2 tablespoons of any cosmetic clay;
- 1 teaspoon talcum powder or baby powder;
- 0.5 teaspoon of baking soda.
The preparation method and use are the same as in the first two methods.
The proposed methods for making dry shampoo are most suitable for those with light or light blond hair. For those with dark hair, add cocoa powder to the dry shampoo. This product will create a pleasant shade of hair, in addition, it has excellent absorbent properties, and the hair will smell good.
Although dry shampoo has so many benefits, you should not use this method of washing your hair for a long time, as regular shampoo removes dirt and grease from the hair much better. In addition, without water, sweat and oil will clog the pores of the scalp over time, which can cause dandruff and then hair can begin to fall out.
When choosing dry shampoo in a store, give preference to trusted and well-known brands. It is better to buy sprays as they are more convenient and easier to apply.