Mustard can be used not only in the kitchen as a spicy and aromatic spice, it is also an excellent tool for making masks for the care of hair and scalp. Does your hair grow slowly? The curls have lost their shine, and their color has become less saturated? Is your head of hair thinned and lacking in volume? Simple but effective homemade mustard hair masks will help you cope with all these problems.
Why is mustard useful for hair?
Mustard masks are useful, first of all, for weakened hair, prone to shedding and slowly growing. These products stimulate blood flow to the hair follicles, making the hair elastic, thick and thick. By the way, such masks are useful not only for women, but also for the stronger sex, who have receding hairline.
In addition, mustard helps:
- restore damaged hair structure, get rid of fragility;
- make curls shiny;
- accelerate the growth process of strands;
- reduce the fat content of the curls and epidermis of the head, normalize the activity of the sebaceous glands;
- make the scalp healthier by renewing cellular structures;
- give your hair a healthy look.
The mustard powder in the composition of the masks activates the action of its other components, the effectiveness of such cosmetics increases significantly.
However, there are cases when it is necessary to limit the use of mustard or completely abandon it, these include the following situations:
- individual intolerance to mustard powder;
- too dry hair;
- irritation or damage on the surface of the head (even the smallest scratches or redness);
- the period of pregnancy and breastfeeding.
Mustard for hair: secrets of use
- When using a mustard mask for the first time, you need to keep it on your head for no more than 10 minutes, in the future this period can be increased to 30-60 minutes, but not longer!
- The mask can be applied only to the scalp and the root part of the strands; you do not need to distribute it along the entire length of the curls.
- It is necessary to avoid getting the mixture for the treatment of hair with mustard in the eyes, on the skin of the face and neck.
- When preparing a mask, dilute mustard powder only with warm water. Boiling water will provoke the release of substances from the spice that negatively affect the dermis of the head.
- The composition must be applied to unwashed and dry strands – this measure will help to avoid dry hair and burns on the skin.
- To make homemade masks, you need to use mustard powder, not a mixture that is sold in stores – it is only suitable as a seasoning for food.
- Do not be afraid of the feeling of a slight burning sensation that occurs during the treatment procedure – this is a completely natural phenomenon. If the sensations become unbearable or blood pressure has jumped, the composition with mustard must be immediately removed from the head.
- Wash off the product with mustard with warm water and a mild shampoo, after which it is advisable to use a nourishing hair balm.
- When applying the mask, it is advisable to protect the skin of the hands with gloves, and a cloth bandage can be worn on the head.
- Mustard masks should be done once a week with normal hair, once every 5 days – with oily hair, once every 10 days – with dry strands.
- The general course of masks should not exceed one month, then it is worth taking a break for the same period.
Video about mustard hair growth mask
This video will tell you how to properly prepare and apply a mustard mask.
Mustard hair mask recipes
Hair masks with mustard have an amazing effect, the first results from their use can be seen already after the first procedure. There is a miracle cure recipe for every problem.
With thinning hair
Loss of strands is a very unpleasant phenomenon that both men and women face. However, a full course of procedures with mustard will help you forget about this problem for a long time and regain healthy thick hair.
- We dilute mustard powder (1 tbsp. L.) In 100 ml of warm water, add 150 ml of vodka or brandy, mix everything well. We apply the composition to the roots of the hair, gently rub it in and leave it for 5-10 minutes. This mask can be used for oily hair.
- For dry curls, the following recipe is suitable: combine 10 g of dry mustard with 20 ml of olive oil and 2 large tablespoons of heavy cream, beat the mixture with a fork. We distribute the product over the scalp, wrap it in cellophane and wait 25 minutes.
With slowly growing strands
If the hair has stopped growing or this process is very slow, then a special mustard mask will help here. For its manufacture, combine 2 tsp. dry yeast with a spoonful of sugar, add 1 tbsp. l. mustard and the same amount of honey, stir everything thoroughly. You can leave such a remedy on your head for an hour. After using it regularly, your hair will not only begin to grow faster, but also become shiny, thick and strong.
With oily hair
Greasy, quickly dirty strands look unattractive and cause a lot of problems for their owners. Means with mustard allow you to dry the scalp and the curls themselves, and normalize the production of subcutaneous fat.
- Fill in 1 tsp. mustard powder with slightly warmed kefir (2 tablespoons), add chicken yolk to the mixture and beat everything well. We rub the resulting product into the roots of the hair, wrap the head with polyethylene and wait 1 hour.
- Mix 1 tbsp. l. mustard powder with ½ cup of kefir, egg yolk and 1 tsp. honey, add a spoonful of almond oil and 5 drops of rosemary ether. After applying the mask to the hair roots, wait 30-40 minutes.
This mask has excellent moisturizing and nourishing properties, it is suitable for any hair. The product will give your hair a healthy shine, elasticity, smoothness, strength and volume.
We dilute a couple of tablespoons of mustard with warm water to make a thick pasty mixture, add one yolk and 2 tbsp. l. burdock oil. We rub the product thoroughly into the skin and roots, leave it for half an hour.
With the correct use of mustard, you can quickly achieve excellent results and gain a thick, lush and healthy head of hair!