Buying a face primer that’s right for you is a mega important question.
Buying a primer without taking into account the type of skin does not make any sense.
Many people still cannot understand the questions: what primer to choose for oily / dry / combination skin; what is the difference between gel and cream; and why green primer is so important when on vacation!
- Not all creams that we are used to using are responsible for the durability of the makeup, smoothing the relief and the ease of applying the foundation.
Manufacturers of beauty products do not take on such a responsibility not to be seen in a lie. Therefore, the recommendation “you can use the cream / serum / gel as a make-up base”Remains a recommendation, not a guide to action.
So, I noticed a complete similarity in effect between different products from two categories: care and decorative cosmetics. Below I will give examples that will be a direct confirmation.
1. Liquid face primer
This type of primer is available in pipette or dispenser format. It literally flows out of the hole. Absorbs in seconds. By the time you apply the foundation, you will already forget that it was here.
And here are three products from different categories: the first refers to care, the second to serums, and the third to primers. This is what I wrote about above.
Suitable for normal to combination skin of the second type (prone to dryness).
- Jelly Clinique Dramatically Different Hydrating Jelly
- Make Up For Ever Ultra HD Skin Booster Moisturizing Serum
- Primer Giorgio Armani Fluid Master Primer
All work like makeup bases.
This was required to prove that a primer is not always a pure face primer.
2. Cream primer
The texture is reminiscent of a light day face cream. It will take time for it to “shrink” on the skin. Therefore, some apply it immediately after morning procedures and go about their business. By the time the cosmetics are applied, the skin is ready for the next stage – toning.
This kind will appreciate dry skin type.
- Embryolisse Lait-Creme Concentre Face Cream
- Bobbi Brown Vitamin Enriched Face Base
- Paese Smoothing Make-up Base
3. Gel primer for the face
The gels work in the “Light” mode, that is: light texture, light moisturizing, light application.
There will definitely not be any difficulties with the distribution of funds.
Suitable for normal skin prone to dryness.
- Clarins SOS Primer Makeup Base
- ELF Mineral Infused Face Primer Clear
- NYX Honey Dew Me Up Primer
4. Silicone primer
He is loved for the Photoshop effect: instant smoothing of the skin, problem-free application and non-conflict with tonal foundations.
But. This is one of the tricky primers that requires careful makeup remover. Otherwise, hello clogged pores!
Suitable for oily skin.
- Primer Benefit The POREfessional
- Make Up For Ever Step 1 Skin Equalizer 1 Mattifying primer
- Clarins Lisse Minute Foundation
5. Primer oil
Primer oils are responsible for eliminating dryness and reducing the appearance of wrinkles. Softens and moisturizes the skin. The ability to mix the oil with the tone, changing its properties, is another advantage of this primer.
Suitable for dehydrated skin.
- MAC PREP + PRIME Essential Oils Grapefruit & Chamomile
- Clarins Orсhidee Bleue cosmetic oil
- Smashbox Photo Finish Primer Oil
6. Color-correcting primer
Excellent neutralizer for uneven skin. Green will overlap and eliminate redness, while purple will fight against yellowness.
Are you sure this type of base is not for you? Then let’s remember our last vacation and burnt cheeks and nose. Then you would remember the green primer.
- L’Oreal Infaillible Anti-Redness Primer
- Make up Factory Ultrabalance Color Correcting Base
- Givenchy Prisme Primers
7. A radiant make-up base
The whole feature of this base is in reflective particles. Thanks to them, the “backlight” mode is turned on and the skin looks radiant, which means healthy. Is this not a trend?
- Primer Becca Backlight Priming Filter
- Bourjois Healthy Mix Glow Primer
- Estee Lauder Illuminating Perfecting Primer
Well, we made sure that the primer is no longer a separate type of product. It was quietly introduced into the line of skin care products. Today, the primer can be found in the most unexpected place and you should be ready for this meeting.