How to choose a device for manicure and pedicure?
Previously, to do a manicure or pedicure, you had to use tools: scissors, nippers, clippers, pushers, etc.
Today the nail industry offers a more modern alternative – a milling cutter.
Fraser – a device with the help of which the hardware technique of manicure and pedicure is carried out.
The apparatus consists of:
Also on the market you can find a device that looks like a micromotor handle. They do not have a separate power supply and pedal. Such a device has low power and a limited range of capabilities.
Depending on the power of the device, the router is able to cope with such tasks as:
- treatment of the skin on the legs and arms;
- correction of the natural shape of toenails and nails;
- removing the old gel polish on the legs and arms;
- grinding and polishing the nail plate on the feet and hands;
- correction or removal of extended fingernails;
- removal of calluses and calluses on the legs.
Benefits of a nail router
The device works quickly. Possessing the skills of nail processing, you can cope with the task much faster than using manicure tools.
Depending on the model of the router, with one device and using several attachments, you can perform the whole range of tasks that are necessary for well-groomed hands and feet: cuticle removal, lateral rolls treatment, corns removal, nail shape correction, removal of old coatings, grinding and polishing of the nail plate, etc. etc.
One device can replace all your manicure tools. You no longer need to buy scissors, nippers, clippers, grinders and polishers, pushers with a hatchet, pedicure files – all this will replace one device and several basic attachments.
The milling cutter is safer for both the master and the client, because it is more difficult for them to inflict damage. When it comes to home use, then you don’t have to worry about the children. It is almost impossible to get hurt with the device, which cannot be said about sharp manicure tools.
It is also worth saying that removing the old coating or extended nails with a milling cutter is much safer for the natural nail plate and the skin around it than using chemicals.
As experience shows, after the hardware technique of manicure and pedicure, the cuticle grows much more slowly and there is a logical explanation for this.
The fact is that the cuticle is a defense for our body. Thanks to it, dirt and germs do not get inside the holes between the skin and the nail. The cuticle grows back and has an extra layer, which we remove, so that the arms and legs are more well-groomed, and the “protection” itself is renewed.
When we cut off the extra process with scissors or nippers, the body gets stressed, and the brain sends an alarm signal to it in order to grow the cuticle as soon as possible and keep it safe. The milling cutter gently cuts off excess skin and does not stress the body. Therefore, the cuticle grows more slowly, and the fingers remain well-groomed longer.
What types of milling cutters are there and their differences?
Before choosing a good manicure machine, you should figure out what types of devices exist and what are their differences.
- Routers with different number of revolutions.
The speed of the device is determined by the amount of torque per minute.
Frazers from 13,000 – 25,000 rpm – are able to correct the shape of natural nails, to process the skin: to raise and remove the cuticle, and also to clean the lateral space.
Milling cutters from 30,000 – 40,000 rpm – faster machines that can cope with all tasks: manicure, pedicure, removal of old coatings, treatment and removal of extended nails.
Routers from 45,000 – 65,000 rpm are faster and more durable. Like the previous species, this one is also able to cope with the entire range of tasks.
- Milling cutters with different power.
Apparatus from 13 – 25 watts – has a low speed. Can handle the treatment of the skin and is more suitable for home use.
Apparatus from 30 – 60 watts – has an optimal and fast speed. Copes with all tasks will be relevant for both home and professional use.
Apparatus from 65 – 100 watts – as a rule, these are very fast milling cutters that can work all day. They also cope with all tasks and are more suitable for professional use.
How does a manicure and pedicure apparatus work?
The principle is quite simple:
- the power supply is responsible for supplying current to the micromotor handle and for speed regulation. As a rule, there is a rotating drum on the block, with which you can increase and decrease the rotational speed of the cutter;
- models that come with a pedal for foot control must have a button for switching from manual mode to foot control “H / F” where “H” (Hand) is a hand, and “F” (Foot) is a leg;
- the device is equipped with a reverse – a function that is responsible for the direction of rotation of the nozzle. The cutter can turn left or right. The button that is responsible for switching is designated as “F / R”. “F” (Forward) is forward and “R” (Reverse) is backward.
- The micromotor handle is an integral part of the router. This is the working part into which the cutter is inserted;
- it is impossible to use the device without attachments, they are different and each of them performs its own function: removing the old coating, removing the cuticle, processing the side ridges and skin, etc.
- some models met with the function of cooling the micromotor handle. Such an advantage does not cause unpleasant sensations for the master during work, and also extends the life of the device without letting it overheat;
- there are also routers on the market in which the power supply is equipped with an overheating protection function. In case of overload, the mechanism simply turns off the device and will not let it burn out, which will also save from a short circuit in the network.
What to look for when choosing a router?
To understand how to choose a manicure machine, you need to decide for what purpose you need it: for professional or independent use.
- Which manicure machine to choose for a beginner?
For those who are just starting their way in the nail industry or are just going to use the device for personal purposes, we recommend paying attention to models from 25,000 – 30,000 rpm at 25 – 30 watts, their power and speed will be enough for to cope with basic tasks.
- What professional manicure apparatus should a master choose?
For those who already have enough experience in operating the device and work for many hours, we recommend taking a closer look at milling cutters from 35,000 – 65,000 rpm at 30 – 100 watts. They allow you to get the job done much faster, and are also able to withstand prolonged loads. Such devices cope with all types of tasks. Among the powerful milling cutters, you can find a model that allows you to insert two micromotor handles into one block at once, which is convenient for salon use.
Regardless of whether you are a professional or an amateur, in order to choose the best manicure machine, pay attention to the following nuances:
Some of the best manufacturers “JSDA”, “STRONG”, “MARATHON”, etc. But it is worth considering that this is an individual thing, so pay attention to different brands and functionality of the model.
- The country of manufacture.
Korea and the USA are considered the leaders, but there are also decent devices among the Chinese product, especially for home use.
The best way to learn about the qualities of an unfamiliar model before buying is to listen to the opinions of buyers who have already tried the router in work.
If we are talking about a professional device, it is important to understand that its price will not be low. The same applies to the device for home manicure, its price will be average. Too cheap models can work slowly, quickly fail, or perform a limited range of tasks.
- Guarantee period.
Good routers have a 6-12 month warranty. For personal use, you can look at models that have a warranty period of 3 months.
- Body and handle material.
The material of the body and handle can be metal – more reliable, but rather heavy. There are also plastic devices – more susceptible to damage, but much lighter. Pay attention to the description and determine for yourself which is more priority: reliability or light weight.
- Handle weight.
This characteristic is especially important for craftsmen who work with a router all day long.
Weight depends on the material used for the micromotor handle. As a rule, metal is heavier and plastic is lighter. If you want a reliable and convenient device, read about the material of manufacture in the product description, now models are made from durable plastic or light metal.
How to use a nail cutter correctly?
Despite the fact that there are many different models on the market, they have the same rules of use. You can learn more about the features of using the device in the instructions.
- Take the micromotor handle and turn the twisting element on it until it clicks. Please note that sometimes it is necessary to make a little effort in order to spin the drum, but if it does not work out for you, try to turn it in the other direction. Now the handle is considered open in order to insert the cutter (nozzle) into it.
- Take the accessory and insert it halfway into the opening of the micromotor handle. To securely fix the cutter, rotate the twist element of the handle in the opposite direction. To check, wiggle the cutter up and down, it should not move.
- Connect the cord of the micromotor handle to the corresponding hole in the power supply.
- If necessary, connect the foot control to the power supply. This step is not necessary, it all depends on which control you prefer: hand or foot.
- Connect the router to the mains (insert the plug into the socket).
- As a rule, the power supply should have an ON / OFF button – press it. The button should be in the “ON” position.
- Be sure to check that the “H / F” control method button is in the correct position. If you want to adjust the power with your hands, the button should be in the “H” position, and if with your foot using the pedal, then in the “F” position.
- The router is now ready for use. The power supply must have a speed regulator, as a rule, it looks like a spinning drum. To get started, spin the drum and select the optimum speed for the job.
- If you want to switch the direction of the cutter, first completely reduce the speed, only then toggle the “F / R” button, and then re-enable the speed.
Important: it is strictly forbidden to operate at full speed for more than 30 seconds. No device can cope with such a load. Make sure that the device does not operate at full capacity. Otherwise, the overheating protection function will work and the router will turn itself off. If this happens, leave the device for 20 to 30 minutes to cool down. After that, you can start working again. If your model does not have such a function, there is a risk that the device will burn out and break at maximum speed.
Important: it is strictly forbidden to switch the direction of the nozzle at speed, this is fraught with damage to the device.