Manicure should be done at regular intervals, usually after about two to three weeks. You can cope with this task at home on your own. But often, with a lack of experience, desire or time, it is easier to contact a manicure specialist who will do his job at a decent level. Here, the result largely depends on the professionalism and responsibility of the master.
Good and bad master – how are they different?
Nowadays, the manicure industry is simply oversaturated with masters who offer a wide range of services at very different prices. The cost of manicure, gel polish or other procedures has a fairly wide range. It depends on many factors, but above all on the materials and tools used in the work, as well as on the experience and professionalism of the master.
Undoubtedly, every woman wants to have a manicure done by a conscientious master and does not want to get to an inexperienced one. What is the difference between a good specialist and a bad one? First of all, these are the main points and criteria that should be inherent in a manicure master:
- Neat appearance and neatness. These characteristics always play an important role in any service sector. The only moment for which you can make a discount is the absence of a beautiful manicure from the master, as they say – “a shoemaker without boots”. A demanded specialist may simply not have enough time for this, and the work itself gives its imprints on the appearance of nails.
- Clean workplace and sterile instruments. A good and conscientious master always keeps manicure tools perfectly clean, disinfects them before working with each new client. They do not allow their workplace to be sloppy, careless storage of materials and tools.
- Lots of clients and busy schedule. People always go to a good master, his work schedule is usually very tight and therefore you should sign up for him in advance. A qualified and responsible specialist has an appointment schedule and a convenient form for registering clients.
- The presence of a portfolio and regalia. An experienced specialist has various certificates and diplomas confirming training and advanced training, as well as awards and victories in specialized competitions. Own portfolio with photographs of works also speaks of professionalism and craftsmanship.
- Ability to communicate with people and find an approach to them. Basic knowledge of psychology, an individual approach to a client, the ability to maintain a conversation and, if necessary, keep silent – all this is characteristic of experienced and good service professionals.
What is the risk of going to a bad master?
The incompetence and inexperience of the master can be fraught with trouble. And this is not only aesthetic mistakes, inaccuracy and fragility of the manicure done. The wrong approach to work, non-observance of elementary standards of sterility and simply a lack of professionalism can lead to such unpleasant and sometimes deplorable moments:
- Injury to the nail plate, its disease, delamination and fragility during intensive and improper cutting;
- Injuries and cuts with edged classic manicure, which, if disinfected incorrectly, can lead to the appearance of a fungus and infection with various infections;
- The fragility of the manicure, the flaking of the coating, the rapid appearance of barbs and the growth of the cuticle, which gives the nails an ugly and unkempt appearance.
There is definitely a human factor behind all of the above negative moments. After all, even a master with little experience, but diligent and conscientious, will do a manicure carefully, adhering to all the rules and regulations. But a person without responsibility and conscience, can do everything for nothing, using low-quality materials and non-sterile tools, thus bringing unwanted troubles.
What to do if you get to a bad master?
If it really happened, and you saw the incompetence of the master or his unprofessionalism in a timely manner, then it is advisable to refuse the service and leave. If the manicure was done and did not live up to expectations, then it will be more difficult here. If injuries were inflicted or cuts were made, then the marigolds and fingers should be treated by treating them with special means. Only after their complete recovery can you do the manicure again, but by choosing a good master. In case of inaccurate or improper application of gel polish, you can remove the coating yourself at home, following certain rules. Then you should definitely find a competent and more experienced specialist.
Where to look and how to choose a good manicure master
To say unequivocally that a worthy manicure service specialist can be found there is impossible. There may be several options and which of them is not known better, everything is purely individual. You can find it on the Internet or following the recommendations of friends. A good and suitable master can work both in a beauty salon and privately at home.
At the same time, a salon with a good reputation guarantees that experienced craftsmen work here, only high-quality and original materials are used in the work. But prices are usually much higher here. Craftsmen who work from home often take lower pay for their work, while their level of professionalism pleasantly pleases clients.
To choose a good manicure master, ideal for you, it is advisable to follow these basic recommendations when looking for him:
- Pay attention to the reviews and advice of friends, preferably looking at their marigolds, as a result of the work of the master;
- Do not go to a specialist spontaneously, without knowing anything about him, first look at his portfolio;
- Think if the master can book you at any convenient time, because for some reason he does not have clients;
- At the first meeting, evaluate whether the person is psychologically suitable for you, whether it is pleasant for you to talk and be with him;
- Evaluate the room, the coziness and comfort of being in it, study the workplace, evaluate the cleanliness and accuracy, make sure that there are sterilizers for the instrument;
- See if the master has diplomas, certificates and awards, ask where and what he studied, how many years he has been working;
- Ask what materials and what tools the specialist works with, it is desirable that everything was produced by the same brand;
- Check the prices for the work, pay attention to them, because too low prices may indicate inexperience or low-quality materials, choose a cost that is acceptable for yourself.
If you are lucky with the choice of a good manicure master, then the services provided by him will bring you true emotional and aesthetic pleasure. But it should be understood that not everything depends on the work of a specialist. A manicure will stay beautiful and fresh for a long time if you take proper care of it, following simple tips and tricks.