Thin and brittle nails are a concern for many women. The nail plate undergoes negative changes due to acute or chronic diseases, vitamin deficiency, mechanical or chemical damage.
Despite all this, girls still want to have beautiful, well-groomed nails. That is why nail art masters have developed various nail strengthening technologies. Strengthening with polygel is now considered the most successful.
More about strengthening the nail plate with acryl gel
- Does not emit a pungent odor;
- It has the correct, not too rare, texture. This helps even beginners to quickly master the strengthening of this material. In addition, the substance does not freeze too quickly, which increases the simulation time.
- Ensures no polymerization. The material is not able to stay in the air for a long time.
- Does not contain toxic substances, which is safe for nail experts and their visitors;
- Hypoallergenic, provides the ability to use acryl gel for those who are sensitive to other strengthening substances;
- Does not exfoliate, does not form cracks;
- Allows contact with water;
- Not afraid of mechanical damage.
The advantages of this material have made it popular with both craftsmen and customers.
Correct work with polygel
The main thing in strengthening nails with a polygel is careful and careful observance of all stages. Strengthening nails with polygel looks like this step by step:
- Preparing for the process. It is necessary to prepare the nail plate for the beginning of strengthening. To do this, you need to: remove the old coating, model the shape, remove the cuticle;
- Degreasing. It is important to cover each nail with a special primer;
- With a brush, you need to pick up a little acrylic gel and transfer it to the nail. In this case, it is better not to touch the skin of the fingers or cuticles;
- After the polygel has hardened, it is necessary to give the nails the correct shape with a nail file;
- Then it is important to degrease your nails again with a primer;
- Only after all these stages can you move on to design.
It may be difficult for young nail masters to do a polygel manicure at first, but a few procedures will make the process much easier.
By the way, many nail experts highlight the versatility of acryl gel, because with the help of this material you can not only strengthen, but also:
- Create designs from one color;
- Make shining (thanks to the polygel with shimmer) and French manicure;
- Embody a volumetric design.
- Extend length, create nail shapes.
Polygel is not easy to distinguish from natural nails, therefore strengthening, building, and decor with this material will look natural.
What is needed to strengthen nails with polygel
Masters of manicure know that the same tools and means are needed for strengthening and building nails with a polygel. Namely:
All of these materials can be purchased separately. It is only important to carefully read the compositions of the funds and the instructions for their use. For beginners, it is better to immediately purchase a set for strengthening with acryl gel. This will simplify the selection task and prevent subsequent additional purchases.
Removal of reinforcement with polygel
For an experienced master, the strengthening process will take from 30 to 40 minutes. Beginners will need more time. You can remove acryl gel in the salon quite quickly, but the procedure for removing the strengthening at home can take up to 1 hour.
How to remove acrylic reinforcement yourself? You need to purchase tools that are used by manicurists, namely:
The stages of the reinforcement removal process are as follows:
- Cutting off the edge with scissors;
- Wrapping each nail in cotton wool with a remover and foil;
- Waiting from 30 to 40 minutes;
- Removing soft acryl gel with an orange tree file or stick;
- Buffing each nail with a buff.
Despite the fact that removing the reinforcement with polygel may seem easy, it is better to entrust this procedure to professionals. The fact is that the removal of the reinforcement must be done carefully so as not to hurt natural nails. This is the only way to preserve their natural and healthy appearance.
When choosing materials for strengthening and removing it, you should always pay attention to the manufacturer. Masters recommend choosing all the tools and tools of the same brand, then you don’t have to worry that the products will not be combined.